The Year That Was: To 2019, With Love!
Eventful to say the least, this year has been about burning the midnight oil towards a vision for Himêya and trusting the process along the way. It’s been a worthwhile challenge of finding a fulfilling balance between work and play.
I’m happy to share some of our big moments here:
• Himêya launched in April 2019 with the seed of an idea that is evolving into a sustainable brand focused on rest and well being.
• Our launch collection was designed in collaboration with the talented Rina Singh of eco-conscious apparel label Eká.
• We realised another dream project – an original soundtrack Sounds of Himêya – Vol I on Apple Music and Spotify, working closely with composer Jeevan Antony.
• Our second collection Moontide came to life through a collaboration with the inspiring Preeti Verma of Runaway Bicycle.
• Our team travelled to Ladakh to capture the joys of simple living, with breathtaking photography for our second collection Moontide.
• An accidental discovery of Rescue Towels with yarns made from production waste – my new favourite product – led us to develop a new range that previews early next year at the Heimtextil trade show in Frankfurt.
• The birth of our organic ‘Sustainable Semul Pillow’ made with semul fibres that revives an age-old Indian tradition of natural fills.
• Himêya’s bath and bedding range is now available at over 50+ home stores across India.
• Our third collection emerges in collaboration with designer Nimish Shah of SHIFT and Bhaane, and will be launched at Heimtextil 2020 on January 7, previewing Himêya to global retailers and partners.
None of this would have been possible without you, our biggest supporters. I would like to thank all our partners, collaborators and patrons for their belief in the brand, and in me.
As we bid adieu to 2019 and usher in 2020, we promise to put the environment first, keep the sustainability conversation alive and kicking – and continue to create with the belief that ‘less is more’. To not limit ourselves, and have faith and confidence to make ours a global story.
Would you like to see more from us? I’d like to begin this year with your thoughts and suggestions. Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org; I look forward to hearing from you.
Wishing you a wonderful 2020!
With love and gratitude,
Business Head & Creative Director